SOFTWARE QUALITY DIMENSIONS / ATTRIBUTES listed here are some of the major ones out of hundreds. Which software quality dimension is more important than the other is subjective and depends on what dimension you value the most in the particular situation.
Dimensions / Attributes
- Accessibility: The degree to which software can be used comfortably by a wide variety of people, including those who require assistive technologies like screen magnifiers or voice recognition.
- Compatibility: The suitability of software for use in different environments like different devices, operating Systems and browsers.
- Concurrency: The ability of software to service multiple requests to the same resources at the same time.
- Efficiency: The ability of software to perform well or achieve a result without wasted energy, resources, effort, time or money.
- Functionality: The ability of software to carry out the functions as specified or desired.
- Installability: The ability of software to be installed in a specified environment.
- Localizability: The ability of software to be used in different languages, time zones, etc.
- Maintainability: The ease with which software can be modified (adding features, enhancing features, fixing bugs, etc.)
- Performance: The speed at which software performs under a particular load.
- Portability: The ability of software to be transferred easily from one location to another.
- Reliability: The ability of software to perform a required function under stated conditions for the stated period of time without any errors.
- Responsiveness: The ability of software to respond quickly or complete assigned tasks within a reasonable time.
- Scalability: The measure of software’s ability to increase or decrease in performance in response to changes in software’s processing demands.
- Security: The extent of protection of software against unauthorized access, invasion of privacy, theft, loss of data, etc.
- Stability: The ability of software to remain stable under varying loads or over time.
- Testability: The ability of software to be easily tested.
- Usability: The degree of software’s ease of use.
Last Updated on September 6, 2020 by STF