SENIOR SOFTWARE TESTER Job Description / Senior Software QA Analyst Job Description / Senior Software QA Engineer Job Description provided here is only a sample and the actual job description might vary significantly from projects to projects or from companies to companies. Also, remember that one is sometimes required to do much more than what is stated in the job description.
- Senior Software Tester / Senior Software QA Analyst / Senior Software QA Engineer
- Plan, design, execute and report software tests. Supervise a team of software testers.
- Review business / software requirements and provide inputs.
- Prepare / review test plans.
- Prepare test cases, test scripts and test data.
- Execute tests (manual / automated).
- Report defects and assist in their understanding.
- Analyze test results and track software testing metrics.
- Prepare and present test reports.
- Train, mentor and supervise junior software engineers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or a related field (or equivalent)
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of at least one programming/ scripting language
- Knowledge of at least one database management system
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Coordination and leadership skills
- Though a bachelor’s degree helps, it’s not absolutely essential. If one’s smart, even some relevant training (whether formal or informal) is enough. What matters the most is the tester’s analytical skills.
- If the tests are limited to manual tests, there is no need for the knowledge of programming / scripting / DBMS.
Last Updated on September 6, 2020 by STF