The entire site is dedicated to the basics of software testing. However, you need to first master the basics of the basics before you begin. We strongly recommend you to go through the following fundamental articles if you are just starting the journey into the world of software testing.
- Software Quality: Learn how software quality is defined and what it means.
- Software quality is the degree of conformance to explicit or implicit requirements and expectations.
- Dimensions of Quality: Learn the dimensions of quality.
- Software quality has dimensions such as Accessibility, Compatibility, Concurrency, Efficiency …
- Software Quality Assurance: Learn what it means and what its relationship is with Software Quality Control.
- Software Quality Assurance is a set of activities for ensuring quality in software engineering processes.
- Software Quality Control: Learn what it means and what its relationship is with Software Quality Assurance.
- Software Quality Control is a set of activities for ensuring quality in software products.
- SQA and SQC Differences: Learn the differences between Software Quality Assurance and Software Quality Control.
- SQA is process-focused and prevention-oriented but SQC is product-focused and detection-oriented.
- Software Development Life Cycle: Learn what SDLC means and what activities a typical SDLC model comprises of.
- Software Development Life Cycle defines the steps/stages/phases in the building of software.
- Definition of Test: Learn the various definitions of the term ‘test’.
- Merriam Webster defines Test as “a critical examination, observation, or evaluation”.
Once you are clear on these basic terms and concepts, you are ready to move ahead and start conquering the software testing world.
All the best!